A major change during the 1870s was the coming of the railway to East Barkwith, with the village station opening on the 1st December 1876. The line ran from Bardney to Louth, incorporating two tunnels as it passed through the Wolds.
The railway opened up new travel options and was also a source of employment in the parish.
The station remained open until 1958.
For more information on East Barkwith station and the Bardney to Louth line, visit:
Copyright © 2019 Parish of East and West Barkwith with Panton - All Rights Reserved.